The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step!
Therapy sessions are available for children, adolescent and adults:
Each of us has a story. For some, the story involves disappointment, grief, trauma, abuse, or shame; for others, the story is one of anxiety, confusion, regret, or hopelessness. The experience of being heard and understood is one that promises hope and allows us to find the strength and courage to live fully in the present. I commend you for taking a first step toward finding meaning and healing. I look forward to meeting you in the midst of your story and walking with you toward a more fulfilling future.
• Gain clarity about your struggles in the context of your life and relationships.
• Move forward in a new healthier way.
• Discover how to let go and heal from negative experiences.
• Write a new story for yourself.
• Gain a renewed sense of power and control.
• Feel confident and successful.
• Develop faith in yourself and confidence in your future.
Weather your family is enmeshed or estranged, I recognize that these relationships play some of the most important and influential roles in your life. Sometimes families become so dysfunctional that a family member decides that professional help is needed in order to reduce distress and conflict. Dionne strives to guide families to achieve improved communication skills and learn how to resolve conflicts.
(HIPPA Compliant Video Sessions)
We offer services from the convenience of your home, while you are away at college, on a business trip or reside in a rural area that does not provide services that meets your needs. If you are unable to meet in office and meet the criteria for telemental health services.
Five Reasons Video-Sessions May Work For You!
With the use of a web video camera we can see and hear each other in real time no matter where you are on the globe.
You may benefit from tele-session counseling if you:
- Live in a remote place where counseling services are not available.
- Are living overseas for school or for business.
- Live in a small community where everyone knows you, making privacy and confidentiality a challenge.
- Your work or lifestyle requires you to travel a lot making a commitment to therapy difficult.
- Finding a local therapist with the qualifications you require is tough.
As long as you have a computer and an Internet connection you can download the tele-session program we use and start using it right away.
The following tips may be useful to make your sessions more effective:
- Before the session find a private space free of distractions and potential interruptions.
- I ask that you call me. That way I know that you are ready for the session.
- Give yourself 5-10 minutes or so before to prepare and after the sessions to transition into your regular day.
- It’s not necessary but for best sound quality a head set with microphone is better than using built-in microphone and speakers. We might look a little funny but you get used to it.
- Have some paper, pens or pencils handy in case you wish to take notes or write down ‘homework’ I may ask you to do.
- If you have phones, alarms or a radio please turn them off or put them in silent mode before the session.
Tele-sessions are more like office visits than you think. Just like face-to-face visits, we schedule our tele-sessions for 50-60 minutes. For your comfort, we do our best to create a safe space in which we can talk without distraction.